Monday, March 1, 2010

This One Artist I Sorta Know

My grandparents live out in Wilsonville kinda off of Stafford where there is LOTS of land and not many houses, and they live on this huge piece of land kinda like a farm. Well, they have this huge barn where they store lots of stuff, but they also let this one guy named something Blakely (I think??) use it as his art studio. When I was younger I remember wandering through the darkened shadows of the barn and looking up in awe towards the artwork he created. I can't seem to remember his name, which I feel awful about, and I am too lazy to go find my mother or call my grandma and ask.

But anyways, he always used the BIGGEST canvases, it was crazy. The huge barn was just splattered in paint as well and he made it such a great environment for creating art. His art is very impressive and brings me alot of inspiration. He does not use the barn as much anymore since he has his own studio in Portland now, but many of his paintings are still in there and it is very fun and inspiring to look at them.

Well, anyways what made me think of him was that my grandma is making me go to the opening of his art show! And I am very excited. I just gotta think about what his name is and remember so I can tell everyone and maybe upload some of his great artwork on here.
Alright that is all :] :] :]

No comments:

Post a Comment